Thursday, January 20, 2011

Don't Dream I'ts Over - Crowded House

Ballad P4 ContempPop 80






Intro
Dsus2Am/DDsus2Am/D
DBm
There is freedom within, there is freedom without
GF#
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
DBm
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
GF#
But you'll never see the end of the road while you're travelling with me

Chorus
GADBm
       Hey now, hey now don't dream it's over
GADBm
       Hey now, hey now when the world comes in
GADBm
       They come, they come to build a wall between us
GA
       We know they won't win

DBm
Now I'm towing my car, there's a hole in the roof

GF#
My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof
DBm
In the paper today tales of war and of waste
GF#
But you turn right over to the TV page

Chorus

DBm
Now I'm walking again to the beat of a drum
GF#
And I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart
DBm
Only the shadows ahead barely clearing the roof
GF#
Get to know the feeling of liberation and release

No comments:

Post a Comment