Wednesday, July 6, 2011

smoke get in your eyes



[C] They  [Em]asked me how I [Dm7] knew
[G] my true love was [C] true, [C+] ah,       [F] ah.
[F#dim ] I, of course [Em] replied,  [Am] Something here [Dm] inside,  
[G] Can not be [C] denied."


VERSE 2:
[C] They [Em]said, "Some day you'll [Dm7] find
[G] all who love are [C] blind,  [C+] ah,   [F]  a-a-ah.
[F#dim] When your heart's on [Em] fire,  [Am] You must [Dm] realise,
[G] Smoke gets in your [C] eyes.   [C]       


[Ab] So I chaffed them [Eb]and I gaily [AbM]laughed,
[Eb]To think they could [Bbm7] doubt [Adim] my  [Bbm]love[Eb]
[Ab] Yet today, [Eb]my love has [Fm] flown [G] away:
I am [C] without my [G7] love.


[C] Now laughing friends [Dm7] deride
[G] Tears I can not [C] hide,[C+]  ah  [F]  a-a-ah.
[F#dim] So I smile and [Em] say,  [Am] When a lovely flame [Dm] dies
[G] smoke gets in your [C] eyes,


[Am] Smoke gets  in    your    [C]eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment